Providing a voice for Addiction and Mental Illness Prevention, Treatment and Recovery in Maine
The Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services, Maine (AAMHS or the Alliance) is a statewide membership association for community behavioral health organizations that provide multi-level services, programming and coordinated leadership to ensure that Mainers have full access to the continuum of recovery oriented systems of care for mental health and substance use disorder – from prevention through treatment and into peer recovery support.
We are a non-profit 501c(6) membership organization. The Alliance is governed by its membership through its Board of Directors.
The mission of the Alliance is to represent its membership while advancing mental health and substance use disorder prevention, treatment and recovery oriented systems of care through advocacy, leadership and professional development.
- Ensure access to quality, efficient and effective mental health and substance use services.
- Achieve positive system change in the public perception of mental health and substance use disorder.
- Support the delivery of quality services with a highly competent workforce.
Programs of the Alliance
- The Maine Alliance for Addiction Recovery (MAAR)
- The Portland Recovery Community Center (PRCC)
- The Maine Alliance to Prevent Substance Misuse (MAPSM)
- The Maine Behavioral Health Foundation, a 501(c)(3) entity
Through membership dues and funding from private, federal and state sources, the Alliance works closely with the Maine Department of Health & Human Services, the Maine Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services, the Governor’s Substance Abuse Services Commission, local, state and national behavioral health entities, and Maine communities and agencies.
The Alliance has a comprehensive advocacy strategy and works closely with state and national policy makers and government entities to ensure that policy, funding issues and other issues are discussed and finalized with behavioral health in the forefront. AAMHS is an active partner with coalitions and stakeholders throughout Maine.