Opportunities in Mental and Behavioral Health Where You Can Grow and Make a Difference
The Field: Career opportunities in mental health services are growing. New research is being published regularly, and it changes the best practices of practitioners across the board. You have the opportunity to develop your interests in a constantly evolving field that encourages personal and professional growth through education and research. You can be thankful that your work is rewarding, but is also constantly striving for better results that are impactful to others, whether you’re a mobile therapist or working in a residential facility. You have the opportunity to work alongside others who care.
The Patients: You can have a positive impact on someone’s life. You have the ability to help others, even when they don’t know how to help themselves. Each moment with a patient makes a difference. Difficult days might seem unbearable at times, but they’re worth it when a patient finally reaches goals and shows improvements, thanks to your care and guidance.
The Stigma: Just as you can impact the field of mental health, you can also impact the perception of mental health in society. Through the work of mental health service professionals, the stigmas that once faced individuals with mental health issues are substantially less than even 10 or 15 years ago. You can be influential influential and impact the lives of many people, not just today but in the future too. By changing the way people see individuals with mental health and behavioral health challenges you’re improving the opportunities for patients, and creating stronger families and communities.
*Note Please click on to specific jobs and Agency links provided to get additional details and see most up-to-date listings at each site
Tri-County Mental Health Services
Tri-County Mental Health Services offers hope to the people of Maine by providing trauma-informed, integrated services that promote whole health and wellness. Whether you work in clinical, community outreach, direct care, peer support or administrative services, we offer a wide variety of opportunities for seasoned professionals or those embarking on new career paths. When you work for Tri-County you’ll be making a difference in the lives of others by bringing your expertise to the mission, vision and values that make our agency a leading provider of community mental health services.
Learn more about Tri-County Mental Health Services by visiting our website!
Discover some of our great employee benefits here.
Tri-County Mental Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a culture of mutual respect. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender orientation. We celebrate our differences and thrive on inclusivity.
Do Good With Us –Have you heard? Our team is growing!
We’re a bunch of do-gooders looking for people like us who are passionate about caring for the mental health and substance use needs of individuals within our Maine communities. We are hiring for a variety of positions at different levels within the agency
Mental Health Clinician – $3,000 Sign-on bonus!
Augusta, Rockland, and Skowhegan, ME
Crisis and Counseling Centers is currently seeking an experienced, independently Licensed Clinical Social Worker or a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor to be part of our dynamic outpatient clinical team. The main function of this position is to provide individual and/or group counseling services. Professionals, depending on their level of licensure, will provide these services within their scope of practice as determined by the Professional Licensure Board. A State of Maine licensed clinician supervises the Mental Health Clinician. For More Info Click Here
Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Rockland and Skowhegan, ME • Outpatient Services
Does a job that gives you the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of others interest you? Crisis and Counseling Centers is seeking full or part time Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CADC) to join our substance use disorder treatment program. Our programs have been recognized as a Center of Excellence for our practices and integrated
treatment of co-occurring disorders. This is an excellent opportunity for a clinician that would like to broaden their experience working in a collaborative, multi-faceted clinical team environment.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Under the supervision of the SUD Program Manager, provide counseling services that require substance use disorder treatment services. Complete comprehensive client assessments, specific substance use evaluations, and/or treatment, or other services as specifically required. For More Info Here
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor – $1,000 Sign-on bonus!
Skowhegan and Augusta, ME • Outpatient Services
Does a job that gives you the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of others interest you? Crisis and Counseling Centers is seeking a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) to join our substance use disorder treatment program. Our programs have been recognized as a Center of Excellence for our practices and integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders. This is an excellent opportunity for a clinician that would like to broaden their experience working in a collaborative, multi-faceted clinical team environment. For More Info Here
Crisis Phone Specialist
Want to make a difference, while having flexibility, variety and purpose in your career? Join our agency and help support the community!
Crisis & Counseling Centers is the sole provider of crisis services to residents of Kennebec and Somerset counties. We strive to respond to crisis calls by meeting with people in their homes or in the community. Crisis Services are available to anyone, at any time. People will use crisis services for a number of reasons such as thoughts of suicide, injuring themselves or others, experiencing feelings of depression, hopelessness, grief, lack of control, or substance use issues and concerns. The Crisis Phone Specialist is a mental health emergency responder, who provides phone support and intervention to adults and children experiencing a crisis event. They connect clients to resources and conduct risk screenings to determine appropriate crisis response. Workers are trained to provide risk-screening, phone support and facilitation of further intervention for clients in need of crisis services. Workers must qualify to be credentialed at a MHRT-CSP level (must have a minimum of an associate’s degree and successfully complete 3 weeks of training, which is a combination of class time and job shadowing/hands on experience). For More Info Here
Crisis Worker, Augusta, ME
Want to make a difference, while having flexibility, variety and purpose in your career? Join our agency and help support the community!
Crisis & Counseling Centers is the sole provider of crisis services to residents of Kennebec and Somerset counties. We strive to respond to crisis calls by meeting with people in their homes or in the community. Crisis Services are available to anyone, at any time. People will use crisis services for a number of reasons such as thoughts of suicide, injuring themselves or others, experiencing feelings of depression, hopelessness, grief, lack of control, or substance use issues and concerns. The Crisis Worker is a mental health emergency responder, who provides support and intervention to adults and children experiencing a crisis event. They connect clients to resources and conduct risk assessments to determine appropriate level of care needed moving forward. Workers are trained to provide risk-assessment and intervention for clients in locations including, but not limited to, the client’s home, correctional facilities, school and other community services sites, and Emergency Departments. Workers must qualify to be credentialed at a MHRT-CSP level (must have a minimum of an associate’s degree and be able to successfully complete an 8-12 week paid training, which is a combination of class time and job shadowing/hands on experience). For More Info Here
ACADIA FAMILY CENTER
Acadia Family Center (AFC) in Southwest Harbor, Maine, seeks a full-time clinical manager to provide management, clinical supervision and direct counseling services. AFC is a nonprofit organization committed to the long-term recovery of individuals and families suffering from alcohol abuse, substance abuse, and/or mental health disorders. The clinical manager is an essential member of the Center’s leadership team. Click here for the full listing.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must have:
• Current licensure in Maine as a Clinical Psychologist, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
• At least one year of clinical experience in substance abuse treatment
• A minimum of 60 hours of alcohol and drug education within the last five years
• Credentials and/or training and/or experience in supervising staff in the provision of services to patients with co-occurring disorders
• Clinical Supervisor Certification by the Maine State Board of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Starboard Leadership Consulting at the following address: email@example.com. The cover letter and resume should contain detailed information concerning work experience, past successes, professional credentials and qualifications. Please be prepared to provide contact information for professional references upon request. Paper copies may be sent to Jessica Weiner, Starboard Leadership Consulting, 84 Harlow St., Suite 4, Bangor, ME 04401, but electronic submission of materials is preferred. No phone inquiries, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Assistant to Senior Administrators: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/596816.html
Clinical Program Director – Children’s Residential Services: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/535567.html
Direct Care Worker (Youth) – Auburn: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/596925.html
Direct Care Worker (Youth) – Cornville: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/596928.html
Direct Care Worker (Youth) – Chelsea: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/596930.html
Direct Care Worker (Adult) – Biddeford: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/596916.html
Educational Technician III/SB-BHP – Cornville: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/596952.html
Educational Technician III/SB-BHP – Chelsea: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/596949.html
Public School Clinician – Dayton: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/540219.html
Public School Clinician – Libby Tozier Primary/Sabattus Primary: https://spurwink.applicantpool.com/jobs/585319.html
Looking for your next career? Join the Wellspring team!
Working at Wellspring
At Wellspring we seek people who aspire to connect with their work on a whole different level. People who are as ambitious as we are to help clients seeking more for themselves and their families – clients pursuing long term recovery. Here at Wellspring we believe that recovery rebuilds, if you agree we’d like to hear from you.
In addition to being dedicated to client success, Wellspring also offers a fantastic work culture that combines commitment to clients with a small and supportive working atmosphere. Here you are never a number and we value kindness and respect for all. Wellspring also offers a benefit package to all full-time employees that includes:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Short term disability insurance
- Vacation time
- 12 paid holidays
- Licensure reimbursement
To apply for a position, please browse our available positions and apply online from within the job description. You will be contacted if we need additional information or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you. If you are not contacted, we have decided to pursue another candidate.
We hire employees from diverse backgrounds with a variety of skills from front desk receptionists, office managers, and accounting and finance experts, to care professionals such as dual licensed counselors, Substance Abuse licensed counselors, case managers, client advocates, nurses, therapists, social workers, and others.
Wellspring Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We comply with State and Federal employment practice laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of an applicant’s age, race, creed, national origin, religion, gender, disability, or sexual preference.
Current opportunities include:
- Registered Nurses to work in a Withdrawal Management /Detox setting. Full and Part-time or per diem. Interest in the field of addiction a plus. Looking for client-centered, empathetic RNs to work in an integrated care setting along side SUD Counseling Staff. Generous Sign-on Bonus plus training and mentorship opportunities available. Small, 10-bed facility means an opportunity to provide great patient care.
- Counseling Staff: Looking for awesome, client-centered SUD and Mental Health clinicians to work in either the residential half-way houses, or at the Detox Center or in the Outpatient Department. Generous sign-on bonus. Need a minimum SUD License as a CADC but LADC preferred. Mental Health Counseling requires a licensed Master’s Level Clinician. LCSW or LCPC welcome to apply.
- Overnight Support Staff/Recovery Tech to support clients agency-wide in a residential setting. These positions typically work overnight and/ or on holidays and weekends. Looking for a part-time gig? This might be for you! There are many work experiences and credentials that are qualified for this position including training as a recovery coach, training as a CNA, training as a residential care attendant or as a personal support staff and others. Must enjoy people and have a caring heart for folks who have a substance use disorder. On the job training and mentorship available. Pay starts at $14.75. Call 207-941-1612 ext. 203 for more information.
Apply online at www.wellspringmaine.com
Supporting all aspects of our employees’ wellness – physical, emotional and financial – is a critical component of being a great place to work. With the wide range of benefits and programs available, employees have the resources they need to be well at every stage of life and plan for the future.
- We offer quality dental, vision benefits and wellness programs and resources to provide employees access to resources for a healthy lifestyle and help manage health care costs.
- Employees have access to industry-leading leave for new parents.
- A generous earned time plan is offered to all employees – We believe employees need and deserve time away from work to observe holiday, be with family, go on vacation, or simply take care of themselves.
When life gets challenging, employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program for employees and anyone in their household.
- An employee discount program is available to all employees for services provided by MaineGeneral Medical Center.
- Tuition Reimbursement is available to all employees to further develop skills and career.
- We offer eligible employees up to 2% of eligible pay in 403(b) company-matching contributions plus another 2% in the 401(a) retirement income plan.
- Three insurance plans are available to protect your family from the sudden loss of income in the event of your death, terminal illness or serious injury from accident.
- We offer both short-term and long-term disability insurance to replace a portion of your income if you become disabled and cannot work for a period of time.
Helping our employees develop their skills and grow their careers is critical to how we retain our talent and sustain our business. We do this by offering our teammates a variety of leadership-supported programs and learning and development resources for every stage of their professional development. We know that our employees are our most valuable resource – they’re how we grow our business and care for our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability Assistive technologies are available. Application assistance for those requesting reasonable accommodation to the career site is available by contacting HR at (207) 861-3440 .
“We are looking for someone like you to join our team! Apply today to Work Someplace Awesome!
If you are already a member of our team, don’t forget there is a $500 referral bonus when you refer your family and friends! Invite them to Work Someplace Awesome too!”
Questions on Employment with us? Contact: Stephanie Wiehn, Stephanie.Wiehn@Pathways.com
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)
Come join a team who:
✓ Makes a difference in someone’s life.
✓ Makes connections easily and has a desire to help people.
✓ Takes a thoughtful and understanding approach to their work.
✓ Is open to solving problems and thinks quickly on their feet.
✓ Has exceptional skills in communicating.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
The Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) works with clients in their home, community and school
settings. A BHP works on a team that provides treatment services, interventions and crisis deescalation support to their clients. Treatment and approach is individually devised through a team
process under the supervision of a Master’s level clinician. This position requires travel to and from
• Hourly wage starting at $17.00 per hour.
• Incentive Wage starting at $30.00 per hour incentive hour.
• Full Time position with Benefits! Including paid time off!
• Company Cell Phone
• Mileage Reimbursement
• $750 Stay On Bonus
One of any of the following Education Requirements:
• 3 years of related experience in Social, Behavioral or Health services.
• 60 Credit Hours in a related field in Social, Behavioral or Health services.
• 90 Credit Hours in any field.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field.
• Preferred experience or education in Social, Behavioral or Health services.
Life is short. Choose to Work Someplace Awesome.
What’s it like to work at NFI North?
NFI North changes lives! Our mission of empowering and inspiring people to reach their full potential and live successfully in their own community drives us! We are proud of the impact of our programs and feel honored to be part of such a transformative organization.
Flexibility and work/life balance are very important to NFI North. You will find that we offer a welcoming, friendly, and nurturing work environment that places a high value on family.
We don’t just say that our employees are our greatest asset, we put our money where our mouth is! From tuition reimbursement to insurance for your pets, we offer it.
At NFI North, we know that employees that have fun and enjoy what they do are our best advocates – and most valuable contributors. We enjoy a positive, honest culture that promotes friendship, laughter, and trust.
NFI North offers competitive and comprehensive employee benefits, which include:
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation (grows another week every three years)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 7 Sick Days
- Comprehensive Professional Development, Supervision and Training
- $2500 in Tuition Reimbursement Annually
- Medical Insurance (BCBS)
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement/Savings Plan Match
- Other Optional Insurance Plans (vision, supplemental life/AD&D, short-term disability, critical illness, hospital, accident, legal, automobile/homeowners, etc.)
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual NFI North Conference with Awards