CURRENT JOB LISTINGS
The Bangor Area Recovery Network (BARN)
The Bangor Area Recovery Network (BARN) is seeking well qualified applicants for the position of Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of substance use disorders and recovery, along with knowledge of peer recovery centers. peer counseling and recovery coaching.
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing all BARN operations to ensure the delivery of highest quality services, budget and regulation adherence, facility maintenance, and community relations.
- Writing, developing, and managing contracts with state and federal agencies, and other agencies, including contract compliance and timely report submission
- Develop and implement comprehensive peer support services for individuals and families affected by substance use disorders.
- Facilitate the growth of staff through hiring, supervision, evaluation, and training development in substance use disorders.
- Work with the BARN development committee in seeking grants, development of a capital campaign and seeking donations.
Candidate should be familiar with state resources and programs to support individuals and families seeking recovery, have a proven track record of fundraising, and have experience working with, and supervising staff of various abilities.
A bachelor’s degree or higher education and/or a licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor preferred but is not required. A valid driver’s license and access to transportation are required. All else equal, preference will be given to a person in recovery from substance use disorder.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of 3 professional references to Amy Clark, Chair Board of Directors email@example.com. Applications must be received no later than August 26th.
The Bangor Area Recovery Network is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.