The Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services, Maine (AAMHS) is recognized by legislators, the Governor’s office, other administrative leaders and other health care and behavioral health entities as Maine’s leader representing behavioral health providers. AAMHS’ members are viewed as experts in the field and their input and opinions are highly valued.
Full Membership in AAMHS is open to SAMHS licensed treatment agencies in both Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder prevention, treatment and recovery.
Associate membership is available to individuals and organizations with an interest in making a positive difference in behavioral health services.
Membership in AAMHS will provide you, your agency and staff with ongoing opportunities for:
Advocacy – Connections to Maine
- Important decisions are made almost every day in Maine that directly impact the field. AAMHS works year round with legislators, the Department of Health and Human Services and others to shape policy and budget before it is set. You will receive timely updates during the legislative session.
- Our legislative activities and events at the State House highlight our member agencies at the State House and provide an important opportunity for your agency to showcase your services and contributions to Maine.
- Advocacy related to public policy, regulations and legislation at the state and federal levels
Advocacy – Connections to Washington
- Updates and alerts from Washington related to how Congress and the Administration are affecting the field through policy and budget.
- Legislative monitoring and action alerts from our Maine delegation in Washington, D.C.
- Membership in, updates and training opportunities from the National Council for Behavioral Health Services – State Association of Addictions Services and the Legal Action Center, Washington, D.C. and New York.
Training and Continuing Education:
- AAMHS, in affiliation with NIATx, the New England Addictions Technology Transfer Center (ATTC) at Brown University, Join Together, and AdCare and the New England Institute of Addiction Studies (NEIAS), cosponsors a range of opportunities to meet your on-the-job needs.
- Member access to NIATx, NEIAS (New England Institute of Addiction Studies), AdCare, SAAS and LAC sponsored education and training opportunities.
Access to a dynamic information highway:
- You’ll be on our communication track for important information through electronic and other communications.
- Newsletters, alerts, and information about substance abuse prevention, treatment and recovery, funding opportunities, and updates linking you with the most current news in substance use disorders and addictions.
- Member discounts through the National Council, Hazelden, the Legal Action Center, and others.
- Real time, proprietary Member’s Only information.
Networking: Sometimes it’s not what you know, but who you know.
- Opportunities to meet your colleagues at monthly meetings. Networking provides you with new ideas and an expanded circle of valuable contacts.
- Networking opportunities, work groups and committees influencing critical issues.
- Relationship building and joint advocacy with a wide array of stakeholders working on a common vision and outcomes.
Highlighting your agency:
- A marketing tool for your agency – links that will highlight your organization.
- Public awareness and enhanced marketing to policy makers, communities, and individuals and families seeking services.
- Recognition from the field.
- Highlight your agency on the AAMHS web site.
Making Employment and Career Connections:
- Direct recruiting on the AAMHS Job Bank provides agencies and job seekers with a starting place to look for that perfect match.
- Workforce development resources for agencies and individuals – current licensing regulations for agencies and individuals.