Certified Community Behavioral Health Centers are a new Medicaid provider type, that offer a comprehensive range of mental health and substance use disorder services to vulnerable individuals.
Participating clinics have had change and expand their service arrays in categories such as crisis services and care coordination, develop sliding fee schedules and implement same-day access.CCBHCs are a new concept around the country and have been seen to increase access to mental health and addiction treatment.
There are several of these clinics under development in Maine.
To see the list click here.
On Monday, April 26, The Behavioral Health Caucus hosted a town hall meeting detailing the subject for Legislators. To watch the recorded presentation click here.
- CCBHCs create jobs! Nationally, 100% of CCBHCs have hired new staff.
- CCBHCs treat more people! According to the report patient load there is an aggregate increase of 25% in patient caseload.
- CCBHCs are required to serve everyone, regardless of geographic location or ability to pay.
- CCBHCs are different from traditional centers because they are required to meet established criteria related for care coordination, crisis response and service delivery, and be evaluated by a common set of quality measures.
CCBHCs are required to provide a comprehensive array of services.
- 24/7 crisis services
- integrated health care
- care coordination
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- peer and family support and care coordination
They expand capacity to treat the opioid crisis and have been known to establish innovative partnerships for improving care.
For more of the facts click here.