The unified voice for Maine’s community behavioral health treatment providers.
Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services, Maine (the Alliance) is a statewide membership association for community behavioral health organizations that provide multi-level services, programming and coordinated leadership to ensure that Mainers have full access to the continuum of recovery-oriented systems of care for mental illness and substance use disorder – from prevention through treatment and into peer recovery support.
We are a non-profit 501c(6) membership organization. The Alliance is governed by its membership through its Board of Directors.
To advance treatment and recovery-oriented systems of care for Mainers experiencing mental health and substance use challenges through advocacy, leadership, collaboration, and professional development
The behavioral health care needs of all Mainers are met with the highest quality and most compassionate care in the most appropriate environment.
- Ensure a highly competent and valued behavioral health workforce.
- Secure investments in quality behavioral health care for Mainers within their home communities.
- Achieve positive change in the public perception of mental health and substance use challenges.
- Maintain impactful partnerships and collaborations to advance the Alliance mission.
- Grow the Alliance membership to improve organizational sustainability and to better reach Alliance goals.
- Advance equity, diversity, and inclusion for Alliance member agencies, their staff, and for the consumers they serve.
The Alliance was formed in the summer of 2016 with the merging of two legacy organizations established in Maine in the 1970s — The Maine Association of Substance Abuse Programs and the Maine Alliance for Mental Health Services. The Alliance continues to work closely with the Maine Department of Health & Human Services, the Maine Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services, the Governor’s Substance Abuse Services Commission, local, state and national behavioral health entities.
The Alliance has a comprehensive advocacy strategy and works to ensure that policy, funding and other issues are discussed and finalized with behavioral health in the forefront. The Alliance is an active partner with coalitions and stakeholders throughout Maine.
Affiliate Program of the Alliance
- The Maine Behavioral Health Foundation, a 501(c)(3) entity