Prevention & Advocacy Resources
The Alliance believes strongly in the need for a robust prevention system in Maine. We work with our allies in public health to assure state and federal funding continues for community based prevention efforts and community coalitions so that Maine communities are empowered to address substance use issues.
Connect with coalitions in York County here and here. Find the coalitions in Cumberland County here and here. In Androscoggin County connect here and here. Oxford County is here and Franklin County is here. For Somerset and Piscataquis Counties look here and here. In Washington and Hancock Counties connect here. For Aroostook County connect here.
- University of New England, Coastal Communities Coalition
- National Council for Behavioral Health
- Resources for Maine Parents
- Project SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana)
- SAM Maine — Maine affiliate of Project SAM
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- Parents. The Anti-Drug
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
Learn more about public policy and find advocacy tools at the Maine Association of Nonprofit’s Non Profit Public Policy Action Center.
Download and use the Advocacy Toolkit.