The Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) is a new Medicaid model of care, that offer a comprehensive range of mental health and substance use disorder services to vulnerable individuals.
The Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) model gives states and grantees the tools needed to support a range of mental health and substance use challenge treatment services, providing expanded care while helping to improve access to crisis services and coordinated care across the behavioral health system. As an integrated and sustainable-financed model for care delivery, the CCBHC model alleviates decades-old challenges that have led to a crisis in providing access to mental health and addiction care.
- CCBHCs create jobs! Nationally, 100% of CCBHCs have hired new staff.
- CCBHCs treat more people! According to the report patient load there is an aggregate increase of 25% in patient caseload.
- CCBHCs are required to serve everyone, regardless of geographic location or ability to pay.
- CCBHCs are different from traditional centers because they are required to meet established criteria related for care coordination, crisis response and service delivery, and be evaluated by a common set of quality measures.
CCBHCs are required to provide a comprehensive array of services.
- Crisis Services
- Treatment Planning
- Screening, Assessment, Diagnosis & Risk Assessment
- Outpatient Mental Health & Substance Use Services
- Targeted Case Management
- Outpatient Primary Care Screening and Monitoring
- Community-Based Mental Health Care for Veterans
- Peer, Family Support & Counselor Services
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services
They expand capacity to treat the opioid crisis and have been known to establish innovative partnerships for improving care.
2020 SAHMSA CCBHC Grantees in Maine
2021 SAHMSA CCBHC Grantees in Maine
2022 SAHMSA CCBHC Grantees in Maine
- National Council for Wellbeing CCBHC Success Center
- State of Maine Department of Health and Human Services CCBHC Initiative
- National CCBHC Locator Tool
- CCBHC Impact Report
- CCBHC Integration with Crisis Care and 988
- On Monday, April 26, 2022, The Behavioral Health Caucus hosted a town hall meeting detailing the subject for Legislators. To watch the recorded presentation click here.