Things you can do:
Call or email members of the Appropriations Committee and tell them you support funding these bills in the supplemental budget.
An Act To Provide Timely Access to Behavioral Health Services for Maine Children and To Address Trauma and the Impacts of the Opioid Crisis:
Resolve, To Stabilize the Behavioral Health Workforce and Avert More Expensive Treatments:
Resolve, To Increase Funding for Evidence-based Assertive Community Treatment:
An Act To Fund Mental Health Crisis Intervention Services:
Top talking point:
We are at risk of losing key assets of our behavioral health system!
Immediate passage of these bills off the Special Appropriations table is critically needed!
Simple points to make:
OUR MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM IS AT RISK!
- Our workforce is underpaid and overworked, and turnover and vacancy rates are high
- Wait lists are growing
- Adults and children are stuck in emergency departments
- Youth are stuck in Longcreek
- Adults are stuck in our jails
- Lawsuits are brewing across the state
- There are long term community impacts
Investment is needed now!